Monday, May 4, 2009

It's been a long time...

So here is the latest news from the world of the Mondy's... As far as Aven goes, she is doing so much better! The biggest thing that I am exited to share is that her eyes are open!! Well the left one is at least and I'm told the right one should be well on its way to follow suit in about a day or so. I am really bummed that we got to spend all weekend up there with her and she waits until the day after we're home to do it, oh well. Her dopamine has been dropped 3-4 times since the last post and to re-cap, she is completely off of the epinephrine. Her blood pressures and oxygen saturation is doing very well also. We talked to her primary daytime nurse on Saturday and she was hopeful that the arterial line would be out as soon as this weekend which means that mom, dad, and big brother can finally hold her! So I'm really excited and hopeful for that to happen. They are putting the blankets that we bought for her in the incubator with her so it's almost as pink as I'd like, but not quite. No other big news to report for Aven...

Isis got to spend all weekend with grandma and grandpa Dann playing outside, going to birthday parties, and getting plain old dirty. When we arrived to pick him up he was outside with Grandpa playing swords with sticks. It's amazing how a stick can be a sword, gun, laser, and 50 other things to a two year old. He got to launch his Estes rocket this weekend too which is always fun for him but for some reason he is scared to actually push the launch button himself. Other than that there isn't really anything else for the big man.

Brandy and I are hanging in there from day to day just trying to cope with not having baby here, but we are really excited and anxious to have her. I am trying to finish of school with this being my finals week. My professors have been very understanding and have given me the opportunity to do some make-up work and re-schedule some tests. I couldn't ask for more from work either. My bosses are telling me to take all the time I need and to take care of my family. It's tough not coming home to see the baby girl but I am trying to be patient and just take it one day at a time. Thank you again for everybody that has kept us in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: